At Northern, our aim is for all children to learn and be happy. We strive to develop resilient, caring and confident children through our fantastic learning environments. This was the vision behind working towards becoming a 'Right's Respecting School'. At Northern, we are a Silver Rights Respecting School and support the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). This is a set of 54 Articles that cover all aspects of a child’s life – civil, political, economical, social and cultural rights, all of which, children everywhere are entitled to.
We aim to achieve this vision by ensuring -
• positive, caring and clearly focused leadership from the senior leadership team
• the whole staff team working together to do its best for our children’s confidence
• the whole staff team having high expectations of our children’s social, behavioural and academic performance
• well planned, exciting and challenging teaching that develops lively, enquiring and open minds in our children
• creating stimulating and attractive learning environments in which our children can take a pride
• fostering a calm, secure and purposeful working atmosphere that nurtures a positive esteem and self-image in all our children
• promoting respect for other people and their property
• working in partnership with parents, governors and the local community to enrich opportunities for our children
We will continually strive to achieve the school’s aims through the formal curriculum and through all the other experiences offered to our children. High quality education will raise the children’s standards of attainment, enabling them to:
• develop their use of English and Maths which provide the foundation for all their other learning
• learn social skills that encourage agreeable interactions between their peers as well as adults
• treat everyone in an equal manner, irrespective of gender, race, class or disability
• develop personal and moral values that are respectful of others, leading to their appreciation and toleration of other religions and other ways of life
• learn in a safe and secure environment, in keeping with Health and Safety Regulations that are in the interests of all whom work in the school.
The Governors and staff at Northern are advocates of our school values as well as proud holders of the UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools Silver Award. The values are the spine that runs through our school creating our fantastic learning environment where all children can learn and be happy.
Smile ~ Nurture ~ Believe ~ Discover ~ Achieve ~ Aspire